what does CMD_SET_BOOT2_VER ?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Thu Dec 6 03:56:54 EST 2007

main.c currently does this:

        /* Disable mesh autostart */
        if (priv->mesh_dev) {
                memset(&mesh_access, 0, sizeof(mesh_access));
                mesh_access.data[0] = cpu_to_le32(0);
                ret = lbs_prepare_and_send_command(priv,
                                CMD_MESH_ACCESS,
                                CMD_ACT_MESH_SET_AUTOSTART_ENABLED,
                                CMD_OPTION_WAITFORRSP, 0, (void *)&mesh_access);
                if (ret) {
                        ret = -1;
                        goto done;
                }
                priv->mesh_autostart_enabled = 0;
        }

       /* Set the boot2 version in firmware */
       ret = lbs_prepare_and_send_command(priv, CMD_SET_BOOT2_VER,
                                   0, CMD_OPTION_WAITFORRSP, 0, NULL);

        ret = 0;

For my firmware (CF card), this simply generates an error. Which
is then thrown away ("ret = x(); ret = 0;" ...).

However, my real question is: isn't BOOT2 a purely USB specific
thing?  If yes, than this belongs into if_usb.c.