Linville update wireless-2.6/everything

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Dec 4 11:47:09 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 04:31:18PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> But when my tree contains a bunch of commits, which I want upstream --
> and in the process of going upstream all my commits are destroyed and
> replaced with completely different commits which just happen to be the
> same 'patch', then when I pull from upstream I have a complete mess,
> with each 'patch' having been committed twice, and turning up in two
> separate commits.

What you have just described is the exact situation I would have if
I didn't rebase 'everything' periodically.

You are barking up the wrong tree.  Even if I did my utmost to
accomodate your desires you would still have the exact situation only
originating with jgarzik.

At least I know you understand my situation... :-)

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at tuxdriver.com