Linville update wireless-2.6/everything

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Dec 4 10:32:07 EST 2007

> it has been a long time since I've had
> trouble merging patches from Dan or Holger.

That was because I always worked against wireless-2.6/everything
and almost daily do:

cd wireless-2.6
quilt pop -a
git checkout -f master
git pull
git branch -D everything
git checkout -b everything origin/everything
quilt push -a

... and the fixing my patches if they broke.

> From the changelogs it is hard for me to imagine that we
> have stifled productivity on libertas...

The idea of a new libertas-2.6 tree came up because there was a
time where no (already acked) libertas patch went into
wireless-2.6/everything. I think this period was 8 or 9 days
long.

Some of my patches were quite intrusive (e.g. the lbs-namespace
patch). Now David wanted to create a bunch of intrusive patches,
too. We thought that a local tree that is up-to-date for us
libertas-developers (because we directly push into it) would be
a good idea to have a common base for us.