Linville update wireless-2.6/everything

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Dec 4 10:21:32 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 10:06 -0500, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 02:49:55PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 15:36 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > > wireless-2.6/everything now contains all patches from me that Dan
> > > acked.
> >
> > Argh.
> >
> > John, please could you hold off on applying libertas patches. We're
> > putting put them in the libertas git tree. You can pull that into a
> > 'libertas' branch of your own tree, if you want them to end up in your
> > 'everything' branch. Please don't rebase (even when you incorporate
> > stuff into the 'everything' branch); just pull.
>
> Dan ACKed those patches -- why shouldn't they have been merged?
> Aren't your patches going on top of them?

I don't have patches. I use git.

My git commits are going on top of Holgers commits, yes. Commits such as
6591e36a1c52445f95f26738394909ee9bf94390 for example.

But when that change was in your wireless tree and was considered a
'patch', I believe it was actually a _different_ commit. So I couldn't
just base my git tree on it.

I _thought_ we'd agreed on IRC that I would commit such changes myself,
and they would be in the libertas-2.6.git tree. And you wouldn't commit
them separately to another tree. Perhaps I misunderstood.

--
dwmw2