Linville update wireless-2.6/everything

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Dec 4 10:06:52 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 02:49:55PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 15:36 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > wireless-2.6/everything now contains all patches from me that Dan
> > acked.
>
> Argh.
>
> John, please could you hold off on applying libertas patches. We're
> putting put them in the libertas git tree. You can pull that into a
> 'libertas' branch of your own tree, if you want them to end up in your
> 'everything' branch. Please don't rebase (even when you incorporate
> stuff into the 'everything' branch); just pull.

Dan ACKed those patches -- why shouldn't they have been merged?
Aren't your patches going on top of them?

FWIW, some of the biggest merge pains I've ever had came out of libertas
trees -- ones that didn't bother to rebase on recent Linus trees.
You'll have to excuse me if I'm not excited about a new libertas tree.

I just sent an email on another thread describing a methodology that
I think works very well.  I wish the libertas team would adopt it.
FWIW I thought they _had_ adopted it (or something similar) -- it
has been a long time since I've had trouble merging patches from Dan
or Holger.  From the changelogs it is hard for me to imagine that we
have stifled productivity on libertas...

Anyway, that is basically all the libertas patches I have ATM.
If you don't want any more to be merged, then don't send them until
you are ready.

Thanks,

John
--