Function of EnforceProtection for CMD_MAC_CONTROL?

Ronak Chokshi rchokshi at marvell.com
Mon Apr 9 20:21:59 EDT 2007

If EnforceProtection is 1,
   For WPA/WPA2 rx packet mode,
   if ProtectedFrame bit = 0 in FrameControlField, we will discard this
rx packet.
   If ProtectedFrame bit = 1 in FrameControlField, we will continue to
do decryption then pass up the decrypted packet to host if no MIC error.

If EnforceProtection is 0,
   For WPA/WPA2 rx packet mode,
   if ProtectedFrame bit = 0 in FrameControlField, we will pass up rx
packet without doing any decryption.
   If ProtectedFrame bit = 1 in FrameControlField, we will continue to
do decryption then pass up the decrypted packet to host if no MIC error.

We haven't yet responded to Holger. We will do it by tomorrow. Which
email from Dave Anders are you talking about? I don't seem to have any
questions from him.

Thanks
Ronak