writing to mac,bbp or rf registers not supported?

Marcelo Tosatti marcelo at kvack.org
Thu Nov 30 13:08:50 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 05:05:33AM -0800, Ronak Chokshi wrote:
> Marcelo,
> Have you tried writing to any other MAC, BBP, RF register? What are the
> other registers that you have tried writing?

Ronak,

I've only tried these three. As far as I can tell there is no support
for any other register access.

There are some offsets of the BBP register which retain written values
(don't recall which offset, board is temporarily unavailable).

Were written values to MAC register supposed to be retained?

One point here is that the meaning of these registers is not documented
anywhere, which is unfortunate (ie. no one except Marvell can easily
understand whats going on).

These issues were present before, and this is a rather specialized
debugging feature, so I don't consider it high priority, but still.