getscanlist command redundant?

Frank Huang frankh at marvell.com
Thu Nov 16 18:03:24 EST 2006

Marcelo.

Here is the difference between specific SCAN and broadcast SCAN:

In specific scan issued through wlanconfig, the SSID specified by user
will be included in probe request (this is done by firmware). This could
solve the problem for the AP which has hidden SSID feature enabled.

In broadcast SCAN issued through "iwlist", the SSID in probe request
will be broadcast SSID which length is 0. The AP with hidden SSID
feature enabled will not respond this probe request. So the scan by
"iwlist" can not find those APs which have hidden SSID feature enabled.

Regards,

Frank