help: association failure

Ronak Chokshi rchokshi at marvell.com
Sat Dec 2 13:37:14 EST 2006

Marcelo / Jim / Dan,
The failure codes (3 and 4) that you are seeing are, in fact, associated
to one of the IEEE 802.11 failure codes that you listed in your email
below. The Marvell firmware actually maps them to numbers 1 - 4
according to the table below before sending the Assoc Command Response
to the host.

Status Code Mapping for Association Response currently implemented in
FW:

IEEE Status Code 		Marvell Status Code
0 			-> 	0x0000 ASSOC_RESULT_SUCCESS
13 			-> 	0x0004 ASSOC_RESULT_AUTH_REFUSED
14 			-> 	0x0004 ASSOC_RESULT_AUTH_REFUSED
15 			-> 	0x0004 ASSOC_RESULT_AUTH_REFUSED
16 			-> 	0x0004 ASSOC_RESULT_AUTH_REFUSED
others 		-> 	0x0003 ASSOC_RESULT_REFUSED

0x0001 ASSOC_RESULT_INVALID_PARAMETERS
- Currently not used

0x0002 ASSOC_RESULT_TIMEOUT
- Internal Timer expired
for waiting Assoc Rsp from AP

This has been a very old code and is definitely not the right thing to
do. But we have already correctly this (i.e. the host gets to know the
actual status code that we get from the Association response frame from
the AP) in our later versions of the firmware for other products. I am
trying to correct this in the firmware scheduled to be sent to OLPC
later this month.

Thanks
Ronak