libertas driver for retail adapters?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Aug 22 14:46:11 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 12:59 -0400, Matt Eaton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just out of curiosity, will the Libertas drivers you develop work with
> retail adapters? I have a D-Link DWL-G122 that I would love have
> working natively in Linux.

The drivers here are likely to only work with the 8388 chip, since
that's what shipping on the OLPC right now.  I'm fairly sure that the
8388 isn't commercially available.  There are a few different chips in
the "Libertas" line and it's likely that you don't have an 8388 in your
D-Link.  However, it would be interesting to know what exact chip it
is :)

Dan