[LEDE-DEV] MMAP memory out of sync on AR71xx Rambutan (8devices) board.

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue May 8 13:07:56 PDT 2018

> On 8 May 2018, at 11:16, Daniel Danzberger <daniel at dd-wrt.com> wrote:

<snip>
>>> Did you encounter this issue with kernel 4.9? For me, 4.4 caused no
>>> data corruption on my external hard drive.
>> I can't tell right now. I was trying to use an older version with kernel 4.4,
>> but it fails to build.
> I just tested with 4.4 and the problem is present there as well.

So out of curiosity I built this for my Archer C7 v2 ar71xx device.  I also modified the code to not give up on ‘OK’, so it always iterated 10 times.  I then ran this repeatedly using ‘watch’.  Observations:

1) Failure only occurred on 1st check, it never appeared/re-appeared on subsequent passes.
2) Failure offsets are always at 32 byte intervals.  That corresponds nicely with cache-line size.

Grabbing at straws to some extent.

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A