[LEDE-DEV] Layerscape package depending on libxml2

Michael Heimpold mhei at heimpold.de
Tue May 8 11:40:52 PDT 2018

Hi,

the mentioned PR included a few new packages. I don't know the layerscape platform,
so I just want to understand it: these packages are all necessary to boot a "reasonable"
system? And this is true for fmc, too?

Then one option would be to move libxml2 to "core openwrt".

If not, it would be an alternative approach to move the not really important packages to
packages feed, and add the fmc package in the packages feed as well. This way, the
dependency to libxml2 is solved automatically and the "core openwrt" stays as small as
reasonable.

Or should we avoid packages in the package feed which have a strong platform dependency?

Just a few thoughts of mine,
Michael