[LEDE-DEV] OFF: openwrt.org down?

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Mon May 7 07:32:46 PDT 2018

On 07/05/2018 13:21, Levente wrote:
> lev at mercury:~$ nslookup openwrt.org
> ;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 10.0.99.111, trying next server
> Server:        10.0.99.99
> Address:    10.0.99.99#53
>
> ** server can't find openwrt.org: SERVFAIL

They changed their main DNS servers, you can't access the site until
your DNS provider has refreshed their lists to reflect this change.

I had the same issue on my tethering connection, I set up manual IP and
set OpenDNS as DNS server (which is usually better than whatever default
DNS you might have on your device)
208.67.222.222
and fallback
208.67.222.220

like I do on my home network, now I can reach openwrt.org.

-Alberto