Duplicates in bind subpackages?

Noah Meyerhans frodo at morgul.net
Sun Mar 25 13:38:39 PDT 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 02:24:57PM -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Collected errors:
>  * check_data_file_clashes: Package bind-check wants to install file /home/philipp/lede/build_dir/target-x86_64_musl/root-x86/usr/sbin/named-checkconf
> 	But that file is already provided by package  * bind-tools
>  * check_data_file_clashes: Package bind-check wants to install file /home/philipp/lede/build_dir/target-x86_64_musl/root-x86/usr/sbin/named-checkzone
> 	But that file is already provided by package  * bind-tools
>  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package bind-check.
>  * check_data_file_clashes: Package bind-dig wants to install file /home/philipp/lede/build_dir/target-x86_64_musl/root-x86/usr/bin/dig
> 	But that file is already provided by package  * bind-tools
>  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package bind-dig.
> package/Makefile:65: recipe for target 'package/install’ failed

Yeah, the intent is that the bind-tools package is a single package that
includes all the tools, while packages such as bind-dig only contain a
single specific tool. In theory bind-tools could be replaced by an empty
package that simply declares dependencies on all the other tool
packages.

I'm not sure when this configuration was originally introduced; it's
been present since before I was involved in maintaining the packages. It
always felt a little odd to me, but never so much so that I felt
compelled to remove it. I'm happy to consider doing so if people feel
strongly about it.

noah