[LEDE-DEV] New nagging message in Flash Operations page

Mauro Mozzarelli mauro at ezplanet.org
Fri Mar 23 11:05:13 PDT 2018

Since the last update that took me to OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r6520-02fba1a /
LuCI Master (git-18.081.35142-84b3ba4)

Under system->Backup / Flash Firmware

I get this nagging message inside a highlighted yellow box:

"Custom files (certificates, scripts) may remain on the system. To
prevent this, perform a factory-reset first".

Well, my answer is: "of course I have customs files and certificates,
otherwise why would I use OpenWrt in the first place and NO, THANK YOU!
I will not perform a factory reset otherwise I will loose all of my nice
customizations".

Is there any particular reason for this new message appearing? Is there
a new substantial change in the configuration files?