[LEDE-DEV] new buildbot slave

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Mon Mar 12 11:43:33 PDT 2018

Hello Daniel,

> I am Daniel Müllers from Aachen. I like to setup two Buildbot Slave
> to provid the LEDE OpenWRT Project with some build power.

thank you for your generous offer! Can you elaborate a bit on the
specifications of the machine?

> Is this the way to setup an Buildbot Slave?

Setting up a new slave is quite simple and can be done with a single
command, although I prefer direct SSH access nowadays to be able to
properly tune the machine.

Given that you decide to offer resources, would it be possible to have
VMs with full SSH access?

> Is it possible to set a timer for the build server?

I will need to look into that. It is possible to gracefully remove
slaves from the cluster once a given build is finished but we cannot (or
rather do not want to) hard-shutdown slaves immediately when a specific
time is reached as that would lead to needlessly interrupted builds.

With kind regards,
Jo-Philipp