[LEDE-DEV] Debugging steps for FS#1246 - Ubnt Nanostation Loco M2 - WDS link drops out after a few hours

Aaron Z aczlan+ledev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:56:10 PST 2018

I opened a ticket in late Dec but haven't heard anything. Does anyone
have any suggestions on where to go next to troubleshoot this issue?
My wife is getting very tired of the internet randomly dropping out on
our WDS link.

Ticket: https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1246

Cliffs:
I have a pair of Nanostation Loco M2 access points setup as a wireless
bridge over a ~1300 foot (~400M) line of sight link.

One is setup as a WDS AP and the other is setup as a WDS Client, after
a few hours (4-12 hours?) the link drops out but still says that is
connected (if I go to status it shows the other AP as connected but I
cannot ping or do anything else across the link).

If I restart the wireless service on the client device, the connection
comes right back and all is well for a 4-12 hours.

I have had LEDE 17.01.3, 17.0.4 and OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r5499-575178e /
LuCI Master (git-17.343.27587-8e6b1a6) and now OpenWrt SNAPSHOT
r5902-9c2ac19b03 / LuCI Master (git-18.021.64448-4dddecf) installed at
both ends with the same results.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look next to figure out why
this is happening?

Thanks

Aaron Z
— Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love