[LEDE-DEV] Bad NAND my sysupgrade / help

Koen Vandeputte koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com
Fri Feb 2 04:35:33 PST 2018

On 2018-02-02 13:17, Denis Periša wrote:
> Anyhow, I managed to do it.
> I booted new LEDE iniramfs kernel..
> Then did ubiformat, ubiattach, ubimkvol on mtd6 ONLY, I labeled it "rootfs"
> mounted it, transfered rootfs.tar.gz and extracted..
> then booted initramfs kernel of old openwrt and formatted mtd5 ONLY
> and only block device like mtd erase kernel
> then I mounted kernel mtdblock5 , transfered -lzma.elf kernel and rebooted.
> viola, boots with lot of nand errors, but I see it working good.
>
> so .. if I could help someone.. here it is.!
> I hope there can be some nand error checking in sysupgrade!
> sysupgrade says it flashed success but bootloader says there is no kernel.
> Other device - no problem.
>

> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Denis Periša <denis at denis.in> wrote:
Thank you for the information.

I have 2 identical (very old) Mikrotik RB2011 devices which have run
unaltered for many years but are now flashed to OpenWrt for another purpose.

1 of the devices showed the same behaviour you described.
I will definitely try this on the broken device.

Thanks for taking the effort to share this!

Koen