[LEDE-DEV] Advice on filesystem for x86 (CF card)

txt.file txt.file at txtfile.eu
Wed Apr 11 05:48:00 PDT 2018

There is no need to create a bigger squashfs as squashfs is read-only.
With squashfs you get two file systems. squashfs for the files in the
image and jffs2 for changed/added files. During the first boot the jffs2
is created. It starts after the end of the squashfs until the end of
device. The good point is that you have some failsafe mode where you
ignore the jffs2 and only load the squashfs. Then your device has the
same behavior as directly after flashing.

With ext4 you get a single read-write file system (which makes failsafe
difficult).

This is how ar71xx works and I expect x86 does the same. If I am wrong
correct me, please.

kind regards
txt.file

Mikael Bak: