[LEDE-DEV] Build error since ncurses bump

Arjen de Korte build+openwrt at de-korte.org
Wed Apr 4 09:58:49 PDT 2018

Citeren Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io>:

> Hi,
>
>> Hmm? I believe jow is talking about the toolchain. It was switched
>> to default to GCC7 recently.
>>
>> I use Arch Linux
>
> parts of ncurses are built on the host (mainly the tic compiler) using
> the host gcc. Arch linux is a bad reference for testing tools updates as
> it tends to use software versions not being available on various LTS
> distributions.

Maybe related, but maybe not: gpsd (from feeds/packages) won't compile
due to a wrong include path. It uses the hosts 'ncurses6-config --libs
--cflags', which (on my system) boils down to

-lncurses -ltinfo
-D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/ncurses

The libraries are probably fine, but the include directory from the
host is not such a good idea. Looking at the compilation error, it
looks like it will build fine without the --cflags, so that's what I
tried. That seems to do the trick. Is this what we would expect here?
Do we really trust the ncurses6-config from the host to come up with
the proper --libs and --cflags?