[LEDE-DEV] 18.05 status

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Apr 1 08:38:06 PDT 2018

On 02/16/2018 01:46 PM, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whats on the critical todo list for the upcoming release ? i still have
> a few minor things that I'll be adding shortly, apart from that I am
> currently not aware of any huge problems. the release will be a mix
> between 4.9 and 4.14 afaik !?

Hi,

For me the current status of master looks good.

1. All important targets are either on kernel 4.9 or 4.14, the rest will
probably get removed.

2. We did the move to GCC 7.3 and binutils 2.29.1 and this went pretty
well, I am only aware of one problem with perl on the apm821xx (powerpc)
target https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1464 which
is related to the GCC update and which is not fixed.

3. The update to busybox 1.28.2 is still open, but this was already
tested by many people. I am fine with merging it if it will be done soon.

There are probably a lot of small things but nothing big any more in my
opinion, I do not see any release blockers for now and would like to
start with the 18.X release soon.

Are there any problems still know which would block a release?

I would propose this timeline:
1. Branch of openwrt-18.05 at 7. April
2. Create openwrt-18.05-rc1 release on 14. April
3. Create openwrt-18.05-rc2 release on 28. April
4. Create openwrt-18.05 final release on 12. Mai
If we find more problems this will be extended.

@Jow Do you have time to prepare the build bots for this?
Do others have some time in April to manage this release and take care
about bug reports?
I haven't done a release yet and probably need some help.

Hauke