[LEDE-DEV] Is LOCALMIRROR for setting up a local mirror directory purely for tarballs?

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:49:37 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 09/29/2017 06:18 AM, rpjday at crashcourse.ca wrote:

> I want the OE equivalent of a local source mirror, purely for tarballs
> that I
> don't want to have to download each time I do a new build (as in, I'm
> not trying
> to define a local feed, just a tarballs directory). Is that what
> LOCALMIRROR is
> for? The full pathname to a directory chock-full of nothing but tarballs?
> Thanks.

CONFIG_LOCALMIRROR is really for e.g: an HTTP/FTP server that is going
to host tarballs of the source packages (analogous to
downloads.openwrt.org for instance). I have not tried, but it might be
that doing something like file:///path/to/sources on your filesystem may
work just fine.

If you want to set up a local directory that contains tarballs, that's a
different option and it is CONFIG_DOWNLOAD_FOLDER that you may want to
use instead.
--
Florian