[LEDE-DEV] x86 sysupgrade: preserve partition table

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Sep 14 10:11:07 PDT 2017

That’s what the -p flag to sysupgrade is for.

Also, there’s not much point in resizing the rootdisk partition: even applying several upgrades and maybe adding some new packages, the amount of used space isn’t going to grow significantly.

You’re better off creating a 3rd EXT4 partition as /var or something like that.  Logs and collectd information are what grow the most.