[LEDE-DEV] Add asterisk13-chan-lantiq to LEDE packages mips_24kc

Mathias Kresin dev at kresin.me
Tue Sep 12 12:14:50 PDT 2017

12.09.2017 20:28, Sebastian Kemper:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:49:54PM +0200, scansi at arcor.de wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> can you please add asterisk13-chan-lantiq to the LEDE packages for
>> mips_24kc? It's possible to build this package via the SDK and I would
>> appreciate if you can build it automatically.
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> The package depends on TARGET_lantiq being set. Apparently that is not
> correct (as the package isn't built). There are subtargets available, eg
> TARGET_lantiq_falcon, TARGET_lantiq_xway and TARGET_lantiq_xrx200.
> Maybe specifying one of these would work.
>
> Do you know the subtarget for your board?

The subtarget isn't the issue here. It is the way packages are build by
the LEDE buildbots.

We are building the packages only once for each combination of CPU
architecture and CPU type. ar71xx and lantiq have mips-24kc set. Since
ar71xx comes first in the alphabet, this target is most likely used to
build all target independent packages.

The issue is that asterisk-13.x (or more precisely
asterisk13-chan-lantiq) is a target specific package since it has a
dependency on target lantiq.

Long story short, asterisk (if possible only the lantiq modules) need
PKG_FLAGS:=nonshared.

Please use the bugtracker of the telephony feed[0] for reporting
asterisk bugs. asterisk is not part of the LEDE base system, it is
maintained as part of the telephony feed. Do not get confused by the
fact that it is in the OpenWrt repository. The packages feed is
compatible to and used by OpenWrt as well as LEDE.

I've added the asterisk maintainer in CC, to make him aware of the issue.

Mathias

[0] https://github.com/openwrt/telephony/issues