[LEDE-DEV] arc770 uclibc usage

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Mon Oct 30 10:39:32 PDT 2017

Hi Hans,

On Mon, 2017-10-30 at 18:36 +0100, Hans Dedecker wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> The arc770 target still uses uClibc which causes a build failure in
> iproute2 on the phase 1 buildbot
> (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__phase1.builds.lede-2Dproject.org_builders_arc770-252Fgeneric_builds_411_steps_pkgbuild_logs_std
> io&d=DwIBaQ&c=DPL6_X_6JkXFx7AXWqB0tg&r=OtZvQ4lNHIbjtyysXrNW8RbX6WFkigcev-xByzJ_fLk&m=SomCao4-RhKFK7fcOD093thiVBM15Kjdyngu0uE-
> 6XY&s=DWZojaezlpO6xal492dy_kEjYm6cprzWT2tVHjsFNsU&e=)
> due to IPPROTO_MH not being defined.
> Other targets using either glibc or musl have not this issue and as
> only targets supporting either glibc or musl will be supported in the
> next stable release the arc770 target has been marked as source-only
> for the moment.
> Is it an option to switch arc770 to either glibc or musl so it can
> still be included as a supported target in the next stable release and
> finally we can get rid of uClibc completely ?

Well we do have glibc port pretty much ready for ARC but it was not
yet accepted in upstream (being reviewed currently).

But if that's Ok I may [and it was on my todo list] to integrate
glibc for ARC with sources taken from
github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/glibc.

We've got it integrated in both Buildroot and OpenEmbedded already
so it should work quite well.

Any thoughts?

-Alexey