[LEDE-DEV] ISATAP support? (and possible refactor of 6in4/6to4)

Yangfl mmyangfl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 06:24:05 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm working on setting IPv6 access on my LEDE router. Unfortunately I
do not find a proper ISATAP support on current distribution.

ISATAP is quite similar to 6in4, except that it needs combining
provider's prefix and local IPv4 address to get the local IPv6
address. On this side it also show some common aspects with 6to4.

I've noticed the existing packages of 6in4 and 6to4. Since they all
actually use the same tunnel technology (sit), I'd suggest combining
them into one single package and adding support for ISATAP. I would
like to work on this and write code if needed.

I am looking forward to your option and reply.

Sincerely,
Yangfl