[LEDE-DEV] Lede/Openwrt documentation

Thomas Endt tmo26 at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 09:50:25 PDT 2017

> > The wiki currently hosts and renders tables on the basis of data
> > acquired and stored in a database.
> > The table of packages and table of hardware. They are searchable and
> > can be filtered.
> > The table of hardware has a template system to let people add new
> > devices to the "hardware database".
> > https://lede-project.org/meta/create_new_dataentry_page
> > Is there a way to do something like that with this new system?
>
> We can setup a file to be copied and filled, and people would just fill
> it. What is the objective of the database? What uses does it have?

https://lede-project.org/toh/start

The ToH (Table of Hardware) lists devices which are supported by OpenWrt
(and quite some that are not supported; remainders of old times).
It comes in different views, showing different columns, paying respect to
limited horizontal screen space.

- All views: https://lede-project.org/toh/views/start
- View for selecting a new device to be bought, filtered for supported
devices which have >4MB flash + >32MB RAM ->
https://lede-project.org/toh/views/toh_available_864
- View for downloading firmware:
https://lede-project.org/toh/views/toh_fwdownload

Just having a "file that people fill" seems to go in the direction of having
a static table. That's not what we want. Filtering for certain data is a
mandatory feature.

This whole ToH thing is worth a discussion on its own.

Thomas