[LEDE-DEV] Testing ARM images

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:32:51 PDT 2017

On 26 October 2017 at 08:08, Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was recently working on updating Perl 5.26.1 which required making machine-specific parameters for cross-builds (because Perl doesn’t use autoconf), and was able to test for x86_64 on KVM/libvirt, but have not tried any other platforms (well, I built armvirt but haven’t run anything in a Qemu emulator).
>
> Can someone please update the Wiki to include:
>
> (1) what parameters to set when building a LEDE image like CONFIG_TARGET_xxxx, CONFIG_TARGET_BOARD, CONFIG_ARCH, etc.

I got two defconfigs for malta and armvirt at github

 - https://github.com/yousong/gists/blob/master/lede/defconfig/malta-mini-be
 - https://github.com/yousong/gists/blob/master/lede/defconfig/armvirt-mini

> (2) also image parameters
>
> (3) how to provision the VM itself, perhaps including the XML for virsh/libvirt.

scripts/qemustart can serve as a quickstart guide on running in QEMU machine.

Regards,
                yousong