[LEDE-DEV] Serial data getting lost - bug or a feature?

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Wed Oct 18 03:32:21 PDT 2017

I have just finished testing with Lede 17.01.3 but I couldn't use
default image but I build new one via Imagebuilder because we have
quite a few additional packages and we use wpad instead of wpad-mini.

These are the packages I added to image:

blkid block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-fs-vfat kmod-nls-base
kmod-usb-storage e2fsprogs chat comgt kmod-usb-serial
kmod-usb-serial-option kmod-usb-serial-wwan usb-modeswitch
kmod-crypto-hash kmod-crypto-manager kmod-crypto-pcompress
openvpn-openssl rsync coreutils coreutils-stat coreutils-timeout glib2
kmod-hid kmod-input-core kmod-lib-crc16 nano ntpclient zlib
wireless-tools tcpdump tmux coreutils-nohup diffutils tmux -6relayd
wpad coreutils-stty picocom python-light python-codecs python-pyserial
cfdisk e2fsprogs kmod-nls-base kmod-nls-cp437 kmod-nls-iso8859-1
vnstat kmod-fs-f2fs f2fs-tools ca-certificates wget snmpd netcat

And after that set log levels in /etc/config/system as follows:
option conloglevel '1'
option klogconloglevel '1'
option cronloglevel '9'

and then I comment out uart to be used as login terminal in /etc/inittab :
#::askconsole:/usr/libexec/login.sh

And after all of that I could reproduce issue 100%.

So if wifi is active, in sta mode but not associated to AP then serial
communication is having issues and is loosing characters when
receiving them.

Do you need some more info from my side that would help?