[OpenWrt-Devel] MV88E6060 switch

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 11 05:17:40 PDT 2017

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:53:16 +0300 Sergey Ryazanov <ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. At least we know now that the switch functioning (even without a
> dedicated driver). One question left: what happens to the Ethernet
> driver?
>
> Can you boot your router in failsafe mode again, and try to toggle
> eth0 down/up? E.g.:
> # ifconfig eth0 down
> # ifconfig eth0 up

root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 down
[   42.063281] eth0: link down
root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 up
[   49.665365] eth0: link up, speed 100 Mb/s, full duplex
root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 down
[   62.063281] eth0: link down
root@(none):/# ifconfig eth0 up
[   68.295374] eth0: link up, speed 100 Mb/s, full duplex

ping stops replying after down and replies after up.

> To figure out, is taking down the interface enough to break it, or
> something else happened during the initialization, what prevent us to
> bring it up again.

Regards,
Nerijus