[LEDE-DEV] iptables broken x86 ?

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 07:52:06 PDT 2017

On 10/10/2017 02:41 AM, Lucian Cristian wrote:
> On 10.10.2017 05:26, Florian Fainelli wrote:
>> Le 10/09/17 à 11:01, Lucian Cristian a écrit :
>>> I'm trying to make a custom image and can't seem to get pass by this
>> You would have to provide a more complete log, here we just see the make
>> returning an error back from the directories it descended into, that's
>> not really helpful to debug your problem. Doing a make
>> package/iptables/compile V=s and attaching that would be helpful.
>
> can't spot the error in make that's why I posted only that
>
> it appears after enabling Nftables support and iptables is not a menu
> anymore (is empty, don't remember when it was changed), all the mods are
> in the main tree
>
> the complete build log https://pastebin.com/Y606uigM

The error was actually right above what you pasted:

make[6]: *** No rule to make target '../extensions/libext.a', needed by
'xtables-compat-multi'.  Stop.
make[6]: Leaving directory
'/home/build/32bit/build_dir/target-i386_pentium4_musl/linux-x86_generic/iptables-1.6.1/iptables'

so now the question is why is not this static library not built, may
require looking at the Makefile to see if this library is conditionally
built or not.
--
Florian