[LEDE-DEV] No wireless on TDW8970 due to lack of PCI_SUPPORT

Mathias Kresin dev at kresin.me
Thu Oct 5 00:33:10 PDT 2017

05.10.2017 09:00, David Woodhouse:
> I updated my TDW8970 from 17.01.1 to 17.01.3 last night and it came up
> without wireless. It looks like I *couldn't* enable kmod-ath9k.
>
> Config at http://david.woodhou.se/tdw8970.config-20171005

Your config works for me with 17.01.3. kmod-ath9k is selected as build-in.

I'm using 17.01.3 on a different xrx200 board with ath9k and ath10k
without the reported issue. The PCI_SUPPORT flag is derived from the
kernel config (CONFIG_PCI?) which is the same for all xrx200 boards.

Something in your local tree/build_dir is most likely dirty. Try to
remove the tmp/ dir and if it doesn't fix the issue do a distclean.

Btw. your config looks a bit more custom than necessary to me. Could it
be that you are using the same .config instead only the output of
./scripts/diffconfig.sh + make defconfig as base for new builds?

Mathias