[LEDE-DEV] When is next major release (w/ kernel v4.9) expected?

Zoltan Gyarmati mr.zoltan.gyarmati at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 07:23:51 PDT 2017

On 09/27/2017 10:50 PM, Yunbo Wang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are developing a system with a supposed release date in the later
> half of next year. We are deciding whether we should base our project
> on the current stable release (17.01.02) or wait for the next major
> one (based on kernel v4.9). As we are making plans on it, the choice
> is largely dependent on when we can expect the next stable major
> release.
>
> We'd prefer a release based on kernel v4.9 because we don't want to
> spend repeated work on drivers, but if it is expected to take a really
> long time, we'll have to start working on kernel v4.4 and port to v4.9
> in future.
>
> I understand that "it will be out when it's ready", but I would be
> satisfied with even a guess, such as a couple months, later this year,
> or early next year.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yunbo Wang

Dear All,

i join to this question.

https://lede-project.org/releases/17.01/start#roadmap seems to be
outdated, the last mentioned
planned release is there for July, and apparently it didn't happen, so
it would be nice to have an
overview about the current release plans.
(Maybe even about how will be the release schedule will be after the
LEDE-OpenWrt re-merge,
but i know i wish for too much ;)

Thanks, regards,

Zoltan Gyarmati