[LEDE-DEV] Trouble with dnsmasq

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 11:28:41 PST 2017

Am 22.11.2017 um 18:01 schrieb e9hack:

> It look likes that reload_service()/start_service() is called twice. The first call generates the host file properly and
> starts dnsmasq. Before dnsmasq is able to read the host file, the second call of reload_service()/start_service()
> overwrites the host file. Now the host file contains the first line only, which is a comment.

I could solve the issue for me. I do the same for the host file like the config file. A temp host file is initialized.
Before dnsmasq is started, this file is renamed by mv to the required name of the host file.

> Independently of this, the reload_service()/start_service() functions are called every 2..10min which
> overwrites/generates the host file again.

It comes from odhcpd6. It calls very often dhcpv6.script which generates an action ifupdate for interface wan_6.

Regards,
Hartmut