[LEDE-DEV] Invalid hash for usbip package

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Thu Nov 30 01:40:22 PST 2017

On 2017-11-30 10:21, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> I need some help on this.
>
> This file changes frequently, and there is no versioned URL to keep it
> stable, so just updating the hash is not a permanent fix.
>
> So first I don't understand how this problem didn't come up before. I
> am also (unfortunately) not current usbip, while I'm listed as the
> maintainer.
>
> Maybe this usb.ids file is now part of Linux?
>
> Any inputs?
Hi Nuno,

it seems that usbutils already contains a copy of usb.ids, but it pulls
it from the gentoo hwids repository. While not always fully up to date,
it is probably much better to use that instead of trying to download
from the moving target that the usbip makefile is using right now.
My suggestion would be to change the usbutils Makefile to package
usb.ids separately and make usbip depend on that new package (and add an
appropriate symlink if necessary).

- Felix