[LEDE-DEV] Using older kernel in 17.01.4

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 09:36:52 PST 2017

Hi Nishant -

As a possible alternate solution...

If you don't need the curvature feature of HFSC, then HTB will work just
as well. It handles the hierarchy and bandwidth sharing. Some may
express concern HTB is slower at high bandwidths. This isn't entirely
true. The HTB parameters "burst" and "cburst" are the bucket(s). These
two parameters need to be sized to hold about 0.5 [ms] of flow (or min.
MTU+10%). Otherwise, each time the bucket is empty a software interrupt
occurs. With whatever the router needs to do, this can hurt throughput.
You can look at the sqm-scripts github history
[https://github.com/tohojo/sqm-scripts] for some of the discussions
comparing the different shapers.

- Eric