[LEDE-DEV] [RFC 0/1] allow services to overwrite PROCD functions

Zefir Kurtisi zefir.kurtisi at neratec.com
Mon Nov 20 02:20:46 PST 2017

For a custom use-case I need '/etc/init.d/log stop' to stop logread instances
but keep the log daemon running. While at that, I noticed that PROCD init
scripts can't overwrite those functions defined in /etc/rc.common in the
USE_PROCD block, since they are sourced right before.

Not sure if this is on purpose, therefore my proposed change to move the
sourcing of initscript further down is RFC.

Zefir Kurtisi (1):
  base-files/etc/rc.common: allow services to overwrite PROCD functions

 package/base-files/files/etc/rc.common | 4 ++--

2.14.1