[LEDE-DEV] opkg-lede not handling ar-ipks or debs anymore - bug or feature?

Christian Beier dontmind at sdf.org
Sun Nov 19 13:56:50 PST 2017

Hi LEDE people,

I noticed that the LEDE fork of opkg does not install ar-packed .ipk files
nor .debs  anymore and tracked this down to [1].

What is the official roadmap/intended-way-to-go regarding opkg-lede being able
to install ar-packed .ipks and .debs? The opkg-lede package description still
states it's able to handle Debian packages as well [2].

As [1] broke backwards-compatibility and we kinda depend on it, I'd personally
love to have ar-ipk/deb handling back, but if this break was intentional, I have
to accept it and work around it somehow.

Cheers,

   Christian

[1] https://git.lede-project.org/?p=project/opkg-lede.git;a=commit;h=dd4c78aa88efd3b9cf516030937c684814df7962
[2] https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=package/system/opkg/Makefile;h=499de217cc537c7c279fb2c126de2c2207621865;hb=HEAD#l64