[LEDE-DEV] Lede/Openwrt documentation

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Sat Nov 11 17:32:34 PST 2017

Here is my IMHO:

wiki = OpenWrt and LEDE

The wiki is working for me. it's great to have the ToH. Also the device
pages are great. However the wiki is not always completely correct and
may be just wrong. It's a wiki, change it! A wiki is always changing.

But I still see the case, where I would like to have a documentation
which is released for a specific version e.g. lede 17.01.
I think this documentation should cover the base systems [1]. It should
be describe things in a good and short way.
And this documentation is reviewed before something changed. So it may
be "guaranteed" [2] everything is right.

If it get's to depth into a topic, write it into the wiki.
Documentation and Wiki would work this way hand in hand. Not erasing
each other out.

best
lynxis

ps. thanks to everybody who contributed to the wiki and documentation!

[1] what base system means in this context is to be defined.
[2] there is no guarantee ;)

--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604