[LEDE-DEV] MeshPoint is one of the 12 finalists of Hackaday 2017!

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Fri Nov 10 08:49:22 PST 2017

I'm proud to announce that MeshPoint has become one of the 12
finalists of The Hackaday Prize 2017. We’re competing for first place
in two categories: Best Product and as best project overall.

Without awesome work from OpenWrt and Lede maintainers and
contributors we couldn't have done this. So a really big thanks to all
of you! You have our deepest gratitude.

Thanks to the hard work of MeshPoint team members, the collaborative
project has gotten another confirmation that we are working on
technology that’s going to make a significant impact on the IT
industry and the humanitarian innovation sector. In the past months,
we have been working hard to perfect our device’s efficiency,
performance and appliance.

Out of the 12 chosen finalists, 5 are selected to win 5,000 up to
50,000 USD. Honestly, just being selected as one of the best by
leading IT experts, engineers, entrepreneurs and professors from
reputable American universities (such as MIT) is great motivation and
a clear message to our team that we’re on the right track.

The announcement will be made on the Hackaday Superconference 2017,
the largest international conference dedicated to open source hardware
projects and hardware development.
The conference starts on Saturday, 11th of November. The announcements
will be made on: Saturday, 11th of November at 18:30 California time
(Sunday 03:30 CET)

You can follow the event live on the Hackaday Youtube channel or on
the Hackaday Facebook page.

Thanks to all MeshPoint team members: Milijana Micunovic (Crisis
Innovation Lab), Valent Turkovic (Crisis Innovation Lab), Robert
Marko, David Blazevic, Ivan Vidakovic (HexaWorx), Luka Perkov
(Sartura), Davor Popovic (Sartura), Luka Mustafa (Institute IRNAS),
Luka Simic, Marin Stević, Robert Sorić and David Zovko (e-radionica).