[LEDE-DEV] Fwd: [FSFE PR][EN] FSFE makes copyrights computer readable

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Thu Nov 9 13:24:19 PST 2017

David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> that's mostly a question to direct at the upstream software
> sources. only a small portion of things are written by the LEDE
> team
>
> SPDX is mostly useful for people wanting to fork or extract
> code from opensource projects, not for the project writing the
> code

Well, packages are already using SPDX license tags, but something
that autogenerated say, a luci page with "here's all the software
in use on this build" or even just a manifest from buildroot of
all the packages and all their licenses would be nice.

It's also for people _using_ projects that are trying to be
compliant, not just forking or extracting, I think that's a
little bit negative.

Cheers,
Karl P