[LEDE-DEV] dnsmasq: please revert/disable "dhcp-script" feature by default

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Sun May 28 12:59:49 PDT 2017

Hi Dirk,

the info reported by "top" (or "ps") is not useful to judge effective
process memory usage, it does not account for c-o-w and simply displays
the entire virtual allocated memory by a process.

When I was asking for specific evidence I was thinking along the lines
of OOM conditions that didn't happen before the change and other similar
symptoms like that.

Unfortunately the LEDE kernels do not provide /proc/$pid/smaps
information which would make tracking actual memory usage way simpler
but here's some useful links nonetheless which explain the topic a bit
further:

https://serverfault.com/questions/440115/how-do-you-measure-the-memory-footprint-of-a-set-of-forked-processes

https://jameshunt.us/writings/smaps.html

Regards,