[LEDE-DEV] Problem with commit "kernel: add hwmon for W83627EHF and family"

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 08:02:44 PDT 2017

Hi,

I noticed commit 0dcc36fc7ddec ("kernel: add hwmon for W83627EHF and
family") in the LEDE tree that doesn't look OK to me.

1) Package for hwmon-w83627ehf
Do we need it to be a package? Or could it be built-in into the kernel?
Do we need it to be a global package? Usually hwmon drivers are
designed for a specific device and it should be enough to have it in
target/linux/*/modules.mk

2) 800-hwmon-w83627ehf-dont-claim-nct677x.patch
I really don't like this one as it's totally unclear why we need this
change. What's wrong with NCT6775 and the w83627ehf driver? It should
be well described in the patch.

--
Rafał