[LEDE-DEV] openwrt and lede - remerge proposal

Val Kulkov val.kulkov at gmail.com
Fri May 12 15:51:37 PDT 2017

On 12 May 2017 at 18:37, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 May 2017, Val Kulkov wrote:
>
>> The remaining issue IMO, if you are referring to the decision about the
>> name of the merged project, is whether the core team will give the wider
>> community an opportunity to be heard, and whether they would listen.
>

> how do you define the 'wider community'? how do you determin who would be
> allowed to vote? how would you prevent voter fraud from people who have very
> strong opinions?

David, these are excuses for not asking opinions of the wider
community. Where there is a will, there is a way.

LEDE's stated goal #3 is: Establish transparent decision processes
with broad community participation and public meetings.

It is up to the LEDE project to define what is "broad community
participation" and what is "public meetings". Perhaps someone from the
core development team can explain what these terms mean in the stated
goal #3?

> David Lang
>
> P.S. the people who voted, including those who have strong opinions against
> the name OpenWRT are not disputing the vote, why are you?

David, I am disputing the decision making process which, IMHO,
directly violates the stated goal #3.