[LEDE-DEV] dnsmasq-full should deselect dnsmasq

Andrew McConachie andrew at depht.com
Tue May 2 11:22:13 PDT 2017

On 5/2/17 10:13, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> When selecting package dnsmasq-full from make menuconfig I believe it
>> should deselect package dnsmasq.
> this is not easily solvable within the current Kconfig framework and
> most likely a "won't fix" item in the foreseeable future.
>
> ~ Jo

Hi Jo,

How then should my package depend on dnsmasq-full? If it's not possible
to de-select a package as a consequence of selecting another package,
then how can there be packages that provide the same files?

Perhaps this is another stupid question, but what's the point of having
a package like dnsmasq-full if it cannot be DEPENDed upon?

--Andrew