[LEDE-DEV] ar7 (TI AR7): update to kernel 4.4, please test

James Le Cuirot chewi at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 29 14:10:26 PDT 2017

On 09/18/2016 04:18 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> I updated the ar7 target to kernel 4.4 in this branch:
> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=lede/hauke/staging.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kernel-4.4
>
> If you have any device supported by this target please test it and
> report back if the ar7 target is still working with kernel 4.4 like
> with the old kernel or if you see new problems. Please report back if it
> worked and if it does not work. I only compile tested this because I do
> not have this hardware.
>
> Having the target at kennel 4.4 is a requirement to get it into the next
> release.

I have tested this on a Netgear DG834Gv2. Unfortunately I never got a
ping back from it and I don't have serial access. An otherwise
identical configuration against 3.18.43 works.

I did subsequently try to build 4.1 but the config kept screwing up and
I don't have time to figure it out right now.

James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer