[LEDE-DEV] Release 17.01.0 binary packages have changed and SDK inconsistency

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Wed Mar 29 00:16:08 PDT 2017

On 03/29/2017 02:45 AM, Daniel Golle wrote:
> I get that problem, and it can be solved easily by removing the git
> commit hash from feeds.conf in the SDK and rather use the current
> snapshot instead.
> I agree that the lack of a lede-17.01 release branch on the package
> feeds may cause weird and problematic situations, especially in the
> future once LEDE HEAD has diverged more from 17.01.x released versions.

Wat? Package feeds all have a branch for LEDE 17.01.

https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/lede-17.01
https://github.com/openwrt/telephony/tree/lede-17.01
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/tree/lede-17.01
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/lede-17.01

Why is the SDK not using that and is targeting commits instead?

-Alberto