[LEDE-DEV] Kodi feed

Stijn Tintel stijn at linux-ipv6.be
Tue Mar 21 06:42:27 PDT 2017

Hi all,

After a minor cleanup, I published [0] Kodi and dependencies for running
on the brcm2708 target (Raspberry Pi). Dependencies for this are in the
kodi branches of my LEDE staging tree [1], and my fork of the packages
feed [2].

I am currently working on x86 support, but it's taking longer than
expected so I decided to already post what's working. If you want to
contribute, please contact me first (preferably on IRC), to avoid
duplicate effort.

Several packages have a hard dependency on libstdcpp. This is either due
to uClibc++ not supporting shared_ptr (kodi, libcec), or to avoid
linking problems (taglib, tinyxml).
The Kodi patch 900-musl-compat.patch is ugly, especially the "iofile.h"
part. Unfortunately the Kodi patch from Alpine that addresses this issue
[3] doesn't apply to Kodi 17, so I went for a quick & dirty fix.
Suggestions for a clean fix that can be submitted upstream are very welcome.

Thanks,
Stijn

[0] https://github.com/stintel/lede-wip.git
[1] https://git.lede-project.org/lede/stintel/staging.git