[LEDE-DEV] Supporting crashdumps w/ kexec

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Mar 8 15:28:32 PST 2017

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 10:23 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 10:20 -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>>
>> Then…  grub reads the raw file system?
>
> Well, grub has to load the kernel before the kernel is running….

So, what would be involved in mashing /dev/sda1 into the root unionfs?

I’m looking at /lib/functions/preinit.sh trying to understand the delta to get this to happen, but it’s a little voodoo to me.

I’m thinking that the ramoverlay stuff in preinit.sh along with /lib/preinit/20_check_iso is similar to what we want to do.  Crispin?  Daniel?  Felix?  Florian? Can you provide some guidance here, please?

-Philip