[LEDE-DEV] ath79 - pending tasks

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed Mar 1 09:22:29 PST 2017

On 01/03/2017 18:03, Alban wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 16:44:30 +0100
> John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
>
>> could you give a more detailed list of what clk and irq drivers are
>> missing ? i could help write the code, i am just scared to duplicate
>> some of your work.
>
> For IRQ all that is left in arch/mips/ath79/irq.c should be moved to
> clean drivers in drivers/irqchip with OF support added. Keeping the old
> non-OF platform running is the annoying part.
>
> For the clocks AFAIR the ethernet driver do some direct access in the
> clock registers. This should obviously be replaced with a clean
> abstraction to get it in mainline. Otherwise like for the IRQ the code
> in arch/mips/ath79/clock.c should be moved to drivers/clk.
>
> Alban

ok, i'll stumble acrss those clk regs in the ag71xx driver tomorrow when
i remove pdata support.

i just stumbled across
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/pinctrl-single.txt and it
looks like we can reuse the generic code and just describe the pinmux
inside the devicetree. test image is building just now.

	John